Thursday, May 19, 2011

Delayed Blog 5/5: Who's a lush?

You might drink too much when you're busted for being pregnant because you're not drinking. 

It's only been a few weeks and already I've been outed at a bridal shower and a baby shower.  I avoided a pint-night fundraiser knowing my lack of a cocktail would be blatant.

I love a cold frothy Bud Light Lime on a hot summer day.  This spring, once again, I find myself at the beginning of Summer Drinking Season facing a drought.  Of course, my baby's health and well-being is paramount, so I can swear off the tasty beverages until January, but that doesn't mean I won't miss them.  Every time we head out for a weekend of boating, or sit on the back porch after grilling dinner, I'll be thinking about how lovely a BLL would taste. 

And for my crunchy friends who swear an occasional glass of red wine is fine, I agree and I was actually enjoying my allotted glass of red wine the night Chester was born, but red wine is not a six-pack of my favorite frothy beer.

So the countdown begins: 247 days left to my next BLL.

1 comment:

  1. We so need to get you interested in good beer. Your children deserve better.

    ReplyDelete