Thursday, May 19, 2011

Delayed blog 5/12 Has it really only been 13 days?

I feel like I've been pregnant forever.  It's been 13 days since the positive test, but already it feels like months.  According to our best guess at dates, I'm 6 weeks (only 34 to go!) though that will be confirmed at next week's ultrasound. 

It's been impossible to keep this exciting news quiet (especially when it's clearly the reason I'm not drinking with all my friends!) so all our local friends know, and most of our close friends from back home too.  It's stayed off of FB and CC so far, but I'm sure after we get our confirmation of a heartbeat I'll let the news slip there too.

A special shout out to KLM, whom I've been alternating pregnancies with for the last 4 years.  Every visit home to visit my old drinking buddy has been marred by one or both of us being pregnant.  I've hoisted many a Bud Light in your honor my old friend, so please drink one for me for the next 8 months. 

There's a feeling of impending doom, waiting for the morning sickness to kick in.  I'm also praying it does kick in soon, worried what it may mean that I'm not sick yet.  Maybe my dates are off and I'll start vomiting next week?  Maybe I'll be blessed and not be sick this time?  Maybe the lack of raging unbearable all-day sickness means the unthinkable. 

The last three days I've been a little queasy in the morning, easily solved with a few saltines.  I feel a little light-headed when I shower and the smell of eggs makes my stomach turn.  I wonder, is this what other women have when they say they had a little morning sickness?  Is this the "normal" morning sickness that pregnancy books discuss as a mild unpleasant symptom of pregnancy?  It's certainly not the vomiting in your car at the stoplight, keeping a trash-bin next to you during the CPA exam, losing 17 pounds, throwing up in your sports-bra during a charity 5K, unable to keep down even water misery from my first pregnancy.  If this is it, I can handle this!

With big plans for this May, June, July and August, I felt like this first trimester (and all its ails) would fly by.  Then I looked at the date on the calendar this morning and realized it's only been 2 weeks.  Sigh.  This is going to be a long 9 months!  I can't wait to meet Baby Threepeat and smell his soft baby scent (because let's be honest it will be another boy!)  There's nothing like napping and cuddling with a freshly born baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment