Thursday, April 14, 2011

I've given in, let's blog!

A few people have mentioned that I should blog. I swear I don't have time, but I'm going to try. Because today made me laugh so hard I cried, and I want to keep these ridiculous(ly happy) moments so I can use them to embarass my children when they grow up. If you're here, you already know me or Ryan, and probably our two little boys Pete and Chester. Maybe you even know our dogs Hudson and Killer. This blog will be the story of their antics. Please forgive my grammar, spelling and typos. I do my best, but I was an accounting major, not an English major.


This morning, we left the house with all good intentions. First a trip over the "big green Toby bridge" for a stop at BSU Boston to pick up our tickets for the circus next week. Both the trip over the bridge and the trip to USO New England were a complete success, both boys behaving beautifully. Pete holds Chester's hand and dutifully guides him through the parking lot, up the stairs and into the building. I was so impressed when Pete pushed all the correct numbers in the elevator, and proud of how well they both behaved while we waited in line for the circus tickets.

As a reward, we stopped into the Exchange to pick up some Skittles for Pete. Of course when I saw the beer was on sale, we also picked up a case of Daddy cups (Bud Light) and Mommy cups (Bud Light Lime) and a treat for Daddy. Pete even picked a treat for Chester.

That's where my good day ends. Both boys fell asleep on the way home. This is only a problem because Pete is potty trained during the day, but naps are still a challenge. As I lifted him out of the car seat, he peed. On me, on the car seat and all over himself. Awesome. I quickly whisked him inside to his bed, pulled the wet clothes off and slipped on a pull-up. Tucked him into bed, and congratulated myself on making it through what I assumed would be my "challenging moment" for the day.

I put all the bags on the back porch and noticed that Daddy's treats were gone. Pete held the bag with the treats and held Chester's hand while I carried the beer to the minivan. He must have dropped Daddy's treat somewhere because it wasn't in the bag, or in the van. Sigh. There goes $20 worth of treats, and some lucky Coastie is wondering who left a whole log of Daddy treats in the parking lot.

Transferring Chester to nap was less eventful, just a few minutes of nursing and he happily snuggled into his toddler bed. I took a deep breath and congratulated myself again.

If only my day had ended right there. But instead, I headed for the kitchen to let the dogs out and found dog poosplosion all over the kitchen floor. Hudson is usually the guilty party, but it was irrefutably confirmed when I let the dogs out and saw a huge wad of dog poo stuck to Hudson's butt. After mopping the floor with Lysol, I headed outside with a pair of scissors and cut all the poop and hair off Hudson's butt.

I really find all of this amusing. So amusing and ridiculous, in fact, that I decided to start blogging so you can all laugh with me. Because after I changed out of my urine soaked clothes and showered to remove any lingering dog feces, I sat down to think how thrilled I am to take these boys to pick up Daddy from the boat tonight and how much fun we'll have at the circus next week. Today might have been ridiculous, but that's the price we pay to have such a ridiculously happy life.

5 comments:

  1. Lol, I have to know what are "Daddy treats"? Because it doesn't sound like the kind of thing you can but at the grocery and leave in a parking lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I wish we could just have a giant bag/diaper around children and animals that hook up to vacuums for these special times. You know, like the super old school hair dryers that were really a shower cap type contraption. Except the opposite, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay a fun blog to follow, I'm having fun with mine too.. so far so good with the writing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww hehe, i will laugh with you! You sound like you had one of my days... lol

    ReplyDelete