Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hockey is ruining my children!

In our house, there is no fighting.  We don't play fight, not even a fake suplex or a top rope.  We tickle.  We snuggle.  We tussle.  We getcha getcha getcha!  But there is no fighting.

We keep violence off TV and Pete plays Monkey Preschool Lunchbox, but not any violent video games.  I have no idea how long this will last, but I try my very best to keep the boys engaged in sports, reading, music, anything but violence. 

So what have I learned during the last week?  Ryan and the boys have been watching the hockey playoffs, and as anyone can tell you, if you're watching hockey, they fight quite often.  Pete tells me with total glee "look, Mommy, they're fighting!  He's hitting him in the face!"    Ryan tried to salvage the situation, pointing out to Pete that the guys fighting got sent to time-out for being bad and that they all shake hands at the end, they're all friends.  I know I can't shelter them forever, but I didn't expect Hockey to be the downfall to my children's innocence.

No comments:

Post a Comment