Sunday, February 12, 2012

They say there's never any pictures of the second kid.

Well, I took lots of pictures of the second kid, but I neglected to blog about his second birthday last week.  Yeah, Mother of the year, I tell you! 
Oh my, that was one fat little baby!  Chester weighed in at 10lb 6oz at birth, and just in case you've read the latest study on IV fluids during labor, I didn't have any.  So that means all 10lb 6oz of him was really all him.

Chester has been a spitfire from day one.  After his dramatic entry into the world, he learned to crawl at five months, crawled up stairs at seven months, and climbed out of his crib at thirteen months.  He's been my Mama's little boy, Daddy's little buddy, and Pete's best friend. 

Learning to crawl on the 4th of July.  Naked.  Because that's how he rolls.

Crawling up the stairs in Virginia Beach over Labor Day weekend 2010.

First birthday pictures!  Still so sweet and innocent, but a few days later.... out of the crib and running around at 1am.

Chester has a unique combination of a laid back attitude, combined with an adventuresome desire to explore and push physical boundaries.  It's only fitting that his two year pictures document the bruises, scrapes and scars on his adorable little face.  We threw a little party during the Superbowl, served typical tailgating appetizers and baked him a dinosaur cake.   

Many thanks to Jenny and Meghan for their help on the cake.  And the wine. 

And at the end of the day, he was so exhausted he passed out on his pillow.

Here is the original post from Chester's birth:

Baby Repete arrived at 12:38am this morning (2/5/10), with Daddy on the speakerphone.

After my appointment, I was feeling the same few mild contractions I'd felt after the last two appointments with membrane stripping. So I called Meghan, a friend across the street, we had a glass of wine and sat down to watch Grey's Anatomy. After the show, I took a shower, to see if these contractions were real, but I still hadn't timed them or anything. No big deal. The shower slowed them down, I called Kelly to let her know we weren't having a baby tonight, told Meghan I'd see her tomorrow and started in on laundry and cleaning. Too bad these suckers came back with a vengence! At 11pm, I couldn't decide if this was for real, so I called the birth center, they asked me to come in to get checked. I called Ryan (out on the boat) to let him know I was going in to get checked. He said there's nothing he could do, but to give him a call if they admitted me. I called Meghan to take me to the birth center and called Jennie, my fabulous Doula.

We arrived at the birth center at 11:50pm. I called Kelly, she came and picked up Pete and took him back to her house. I was checked in at 6cm, monitored for 15 minutes, moaned and bitched, got in the tub, and 2 pushes later arrived my fat little baby at 12:38am without so much as a tylenol. 10 POUNDS 6 OUNCES! 21 inches long.

We'll have to wait for Ryan to return home to officially name our new baby BOY, but I'll let you know what we come up with. And if I can figure out Kelly's camera, we'll get some pictures up too.

I feel great, and Baby is doing well too. Pete is having a sleepover at Kelly's house, and Daddy comes home soon!

Thank you thank you thank you Kelly and Meghan for all your help tonight. This further proves Karma's a bitch. I mean, who needs a backup plan, after all, it's not like I'm going to go into labor so fast I barely have time to get to the hospital...


No comments:

Post a Comment